Sunday, June 05, 2005

This Week in Flowers

Ok - what a surprise!!! Yes, the cherry tree is bearing fruit!! So, I took this lovely picture of it - the ONE cherry on the whole tree! Considering the tree is only about five feet tall, guess this is quite an accomplishment!

Needless to say I'm thrilled! Anybody got a recipe calling for just one sour cherry???



While out cheking for growth and surprises, found this lovely rose hidden in the underbrush by the back fence. It is from a rose planted by a previous owner, and maybe bloomed because I pruned it this spring. Before that, didn't even realize it was there! Quite pretty!


Posted by Hello
And last but not least, some new Wave petunias - the bunnies ate the last ones I planted under the birdbath - I went looking and found they'd eaten it right down to the dirt - leaving only a few wilted crumbs behind. At least the garden fence hasn't been breached yet!



Hope everybody is having a great time in their own gardens this year! I know mine is doing pretty good, and I'm always learning new tricks. Soon, the hydrangeas will be in their full magnificence, so plan to see some of those pictures here soon!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Tomato and cucumber update??????? I can't wait. Hopefully you get some this year.