Friday, August 19, 2005

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - Triple Thrill Pack

Gotta Love It!!! Right??? NOT REALLY!

Ok – Yes, when out of work, I spend time – LOTS OF TIME – playing Roller Coaster Tycoon. Niece Wendy got me RCT2 for Christmas, and the first eight games or so were lots of fun. Not to mention the countless hours I spent on RCT1 last year.

I have run into a bit of a speed bump! There’s this game – Coastersaurus – and the “scenario” is a pre-historic park filled with dinosaurs and weird plants deep in a ravine. The point is to build a great park where 2,700 people want to be by the end of October of Year 4. The beginning park has chairlifts (four of the silly things!), a cool coaster that’s partially underground and partially out over the ravine, a couple monorails, and three double-decker observation towers. First I tried it their way, then I tried taking out some stuff, adding stations on the chair lifts in the ravine, putting rides there, building paths up thru the cliff sides, all kinds of stuff. I swear, I’ve played that darned game about 15 times, and the closest I’ve gotten is 2,200, and I had to put “Do Not Enter” signs in front of the exits to keep that many. My park rating (how much the park is enjoyed by the “peeps”) was up to 988! They got free food, free rides, and at the end everything was free!!

So, of course, I now resemble the peeps who look like the above graphic!! These are the ones who are so ticked off, they break benches, tip over trash cans, and who knows what else. ACK!! I know I should move on, but it’s the principle of the thing, ya know?

No comments: