Sunday, December 11, 2005

Visit to the Glassblower!


Today I went to Augusta, MO - heart of the Missouri Wine Country - and visited the shop of a true artist - Sam Stang. You can visit his website via the link I've included. Each year just before Christmas he opens his studio and gives glass blowing demonstrations. We watched him make a beautiful, huge plate, as you can see by the pictures I've included.





It is fascinating to watch and you begin to realize the time and effort that goes into each piece.

Below is a picture of my "treasures" from our trip - a beautiful red ornament and a pink swirled one, a dusty pink tiny pitcher (I plan to use it with maple syrup!), two glass candy canes, and a swizzle stick for niece Wendy.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I can't believe you bought 4 ornaments and aren't putting a tree up....

I got a little pitcher too. They're so cute!