Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I've Been Busy!

I've been doing something I typically shun - shopping! There are about nine new outfits in my closet for my return to work (yes! More on that later . . .), a new mattress and box spring to be delivered soon, and no less than four pairs of shoes (from the woman who truly HATES, hates, hates to shoe shop)! Actually, it started out as three pairs of shoes, but on the way to the register I spied these lovely silver tennies. I did the usual poo-poo of those and moved on.

Then the tennies started their voodoo - I dreamed about them, thought about them, mentioned them to others as outrageous. And after ONLY three days of trying to remove them from my brain with everything but a butter knife, I succumbed to the temptation of the tennies. Yes, they are mine now. And I was mistaken. They are not silver, but "pewter." Not sure how that makes a huge difference, but I find them "tastefully tacky."

Not sure if they are proper "work" attire - I'm thinking NOT.

As promised - the MORE regarding going back to work. Yes, after five weeks and two days of blissful "semi-retirement" I am returning to work at the same place I've been since last October. Granted, I will still be a temp, but I love the place, the people, and the job so it's not a stretch for me to go back. This is a three-month assignment, which will take me through about Thanksgiving, give me time off for the holidays, and perhaps something will come along by the first of the year that will be more permanent. I can't tell you how thrilled I am!! I baked them cookies for my first day back! hehehehehe

No comments: