Sunday, April 01, 2007

What's Happening?

Lots of excitement been going on here.

My dad, who turns 89 the beginning of June, took a tumble down the basement stairs the end of February. Since I live only about 3 miles from his house, I've been very involved in helping get things done. We are all so thankful that his injuries have not been horrible. He broke his left shoulder blade and has a compression fracture of his L1 vertebrae. After he fell, the hospital sent him home. Unfortunately after only 2.5 days home, he kind of sat on the end of his bed, laid back, and then couldn't move. Paramedics came, took him to the hospital, where he stayed for the next two weeks with pneumonia and a bacterial infection. Then he went to rehab where he kind of looked out of place. But he got lots of physical therapy and did absolutely great. In only 12 days, he came home and I've been staying with him helping out while he regains his strength and mobility. Except for swelling in his feet and ankles, he seems to be doing great. Is getting around with a walker and I'm keeping a close eye on his comings and goings.

So, please excuse me for not blogging more often, but for the moment I'm very busy and not knitting much at all.

No comments: