Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wa-Hoo!!

About a week and a half ago, my son took me fishing and swore that they loved wax worms. The fish couldn't bit on wax worms fast enough. They loved the silly stuff. Uh-huh. I caught about 12 baby bluegill that were no bigger than half the size of my hand. Cute little buggers, but not trout!! He, on the other hand, managed to catch 5 keeper trout. Hardly seemed fair!

Today my son came and dragged me, kicking and screaming, up to the lake in the chilly wind to fish. So glad he did!! Here is a picture of my first rainbow trout. It was about 18" long and 2.5 pounds!!!! The second one was an itty bitty guy who got tossed back in. Unlike last time, this was the ONLY fish we caught today. So, this is the catch of the day! Definitely more fun to catch than clean, however! (Can you believe he made me clean my own fish???)

No comments: