Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Impending Storm

St. Louis is once again in the throes of a major winter storm - an ICE storm!

You have to remember, I was without power for five (5) days last August when it was in the high 90s and over 100 degrees. Lost hundreds of dollars worth of food in both of my freezers. But I was working and able to enjoy the air conditioning at work and charge my cell phone, so it was alright. It made a mess in the freezers, and required lots of stinky cleaning.

Then, there was the ice storm the beginning of December - right - just six (6) weeks ago. Lost another freezer full of food, had the old phone line, cable and electric wires ripped from my house. Spent about four (4) days staying at my dad's house because I couldn't get mine warm enough. Had to pay a licensed electrician a bunch to hook the electric back. Just got the darned phone company to remove the wire (have VoIP), and finally feel like I'm somewhat back to normal . . . . and now this!

So - I have replaced all the batteries in my flashlights, washed and dried my hair, the dishes are done, my pantry's stocked, and everything's ready.

What do you want to bet that this time, the electric stays on???

We'll see! This storm is scheduled to last through at least Monday, maybe into Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for us poor folks in the Midwest!

No comments: