Friday, December 30, 2005

Coffee Cake Success!!

The Christmas Tree Coffee Cake came out absolutely beautiful this year! Every year my mother made this when we were growing up - from a recipe probably going back to my great grandmother. It hasn't changed too much since then, either! Anyway, it is a sweet egg dough made like cinnamon rolls, but shaped like a Christmas tree. This year, it raised like mad, turned a beautiful golden brown, and tasted wonderful! Can you believe 6 people ate pretty much the entire thing?? My son came by in the afternoon and took away the remaining 3 or 4 small pieces.

Even tho we were short a few bodies this year, it was a nice Christmas. The presents still seemed to fill up the living room, but for a change everybody got to sit on a seat instead of some on the floor. I even managed a nap for about 45 minutes, which meant I missed most of a good movie! Still, it was wonderful to spend time with my family and enjoy the day.

I hope everyone's Christmas was peaceful, happy, healthy, and just as wonderful as it could be. Also, have a wonderful 2006! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Lindsay would like to know where her X-Mas present is from you since it was not under the tree when we got back....